Thai Red Curry, has an amazing taste which is spicy, sweet, sour, and salty. Bhaji Man’s Thai Red Curry spice kit has all the herbs and spices needed for this dish. Now you can cook this tasty, easy-to-make meal at home, it will amaze your friends and family.
We have done all the hard work on your behalf perfecting the Thai Red Chicken Curry. However, you can make this dish with a choice of meats like beef, pork, or prawns. Simply adjust cooking times for the specific meat used.
15 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to cook
Step-by-step preparation and cooking instructions:
- Carefully split the chillies from sachet 1 and remove the seeds, then soak in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Peel the onions and garlic.
- Make the red curry paste: quarter one onion, add it with four garlic cloves, the salt, the drained red chillies, and the contents of sachet 2, into a food processor and blend well into a thick curry paste.
- Cut the chicken roughly into 2cm squares
- De-seed and cut the red pepper into 2cm squares
- Quarter the mushrooms
- Finely chop the other onion and garlic clove
- Cut beans (if using) into bite sized pieces
- Grate the zest of the lime and squeeze the juice from half the lime
- Heat the oil in a deep medium-hot frying pan. Add the onion and fry until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Turn up the heat to high, add the red curry paste from the blender and fry for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the coconut milk, stock, contents of sachet 3 and bring to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms, bring back to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes covered with the lid slightly ajar.
- Fold in the contents of sachet 4 and the chicken pieces. Bring back to a simmer, cover, cooking for 10 more minutes with the lid slightly ajar.
- Stir in the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime zest and juice. Then, fold in the red pepper and beans (or sugar snaps). Bring back to a simmer and continue to simmer well for 5-10 minutes uncovered over a low-medium heat, until the vegetables are all tender and a thick gravy is created.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to suit.
- Shred the coriander leaves and scatter over the dish before serving.
It is best enjoyed with lots of fluffy Thai jasmine rice scattered with shredded coriander leaves and Thai holy basil or mint.
Additional ingredients required for this dish:
- 700g boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast
- 2 medium onions
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 6 small mushrooms
- 100g green beans or sugar snap peas
- 1 lime
- handful coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 400ml coconut milk
- 100ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 heaped tbsp demerara sugar
- Ground sea salt & black pepper
- 4 tbsp unflavoured cooking oil
We have done all the hard work on your behalf, perfecting the Thai Red Curry. Now you can cook this tasty, easy-to-make meal that will amaze your friends and family.
The spices and herbs: ground Kaffir leaves, ground lemon grass, ground galangal, ground coriander, ground cumin, paprika, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, dried lemon grass, dried Kaffir leaves.
“Simply by following my step-by-step instructions you can create authentic, delicious tasting ethnic cuisine. The required spices, herbs and ingredients are especially blended for perfect infusion to give ideal colour, aroma and flavour.”
Don Lear, Bhaji Man
Benefits of Bhaji Man’s Curry Kits
Amaze your family and friends with your fantastic culinary skills
Great tasting results every time, all from your own homemade cooking
Herbs & Spices especially blended for maximum flavour and aroma.
Save money by only purchasing the herbs and spices required for each meal.
Create much healthier curries using olive oil/sunflower oil.
Use fresh free range and organic produce
Bhaji Man products are also Gluten Free and suitable for Coeliacs. They have no added artificial colours, flavours, artificial preservatives or salt and can be suitable for people on restricted diets.
“I am championing local food producers with my products by encouraging the public to shop for the extra ingredients they need at local shops, small independent village and market town butchers, local greengrocers, farm shops and delicatessens which offer high quality meats and vegetables and serve and support local communities. By buying local, we will not only improve the quality of the food we eat, but we can all do our bit to help save our countryside and give our local economy a boost.” says Bhaji Man, so – Let’s Cook At Home!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.