Our Bhaji Man’s Pakora batter mix has a special blend of herbs and spices done to our secret recipe. The result is a thick and fluffy tempura batter full of spicy flavour. This can be used with sliced vegetables or seafood. Traditional Eastern cuisine at its best.
10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook.
Step-by-step preparation and cooking instructions:
Bhaji Man’s Pakora spice mix can be made using cold still or sparkling water. The latter will give you a lighter, fluffier batter that can be used for seafood.
- In a mixing bowl add the Bhaji Man Pakora mix, 1 tsp of salt and 140ml water. Stir well to make a batter, cover and leave for 10 mins.
- Thinly slice or make strips of any vegetables or seafood you are using
- Heat 2cm cooking oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until oil is hot
- Dip the prepared raw vegetables or seafood in the Pakora batter and coat evenly
- Carefully place into the oil and fry until golden brown on both sides
- As they cook, remove, and drain well on kitchen paper and keep warm, whilst cooking the remainder
- When all the pakora are cooked, serve hot sprinkled with salt (optional)
Additional ingredients required for this dish:
- 500g of mixed raw vegetables eg: aubergine, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, courgettes, sweet potatoes, wild or button mushrooms, parsnips or 500g raw seafood eg: prawns, shrimps, scallops, crab, seabass, monkfish
- 1 tsp salt plus more for sprinkling
- unflavoured cooking oil
Tip: If required you can use half the Pakora mix and halve all the ingredients. Then, place the unused packet mix in an air tight container for later use.
The Spices and herbs: Gram flour, baking powder, (monocalcium phosphate, corn starch*, rice flour, raising agent (disodium diphosphate, sodium hydrogen carbonate)), mixed spices (turmeric, crushed chillies, herbs, chilli powder, asafoetida containing gum Arabic, ground rice & turmeric) – are blended to produce a medium spiced pakora mix. *Denotes organically grown.
Spices and herbs from around the world, ground and carefully blended in Norfolk
“Simply by following my step-by-step instructions you can create authentic, delicious tasting ethnic cuisine. The required spices, herbs and ingredients are especially blended for perfect infusion to give ideal colour, aroma and flavour.”
Don Lear, Bhaji Man
Benefits of Bhaji Man’s Curry Kits
Amaze your family and friends with your fantastic culinary skills
Great tasting results every time, all from your own homemade cooking
Herbs & Spices especially blended for maximum flavour and aroma.
Save money by only purchasing the herbs and spices required for each meal.
Create much healthier curries using olive oil/sunflower oil.
Use fresh free range and organic produce
Bhaji Man products are also Gluten Free and suitable for Coeliacs. They have no added artificial colours, flavours, artificial preservatives or salt and can be suitable for people on restricted diets.
“I am championing local food producers with my products by encouraging the public to shop for the extra ingredients they need at local shops, small independent village and market town butchers, local greengrocers, farm shops and delicatessens which offer high quality meats and vegetables and serve and support local communities. By buying local, we will not only improve the quality of the food we eat, but we can all do our bit to help save our countryside and give our local economy a boost.” says Bhaji Man, so – Let’s Cook At Home!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.