The Mughlai dynasty had a great influence on Indian cuisine. The Korma with its unique taste, became known as a special royal dish. My Bhaji Man Chicken Korma spice kit makes a mild-medium curry. We add tomatoes and ground almonds to give this dish a rich, creamy depth of flavour.
Bhaji Man’s Chicken Korma curry spice kit takes all the hard work out of cooking. It’s Aromatic and full of wonderful flavours… a real yummy sensation! A big favourite with the whole family, young and old.
(If you are allergic to nuts simply leave out the ground almonds)
20 minutes to prepare and 50 minutes to cook.
Step-by-step preparation and cooking instructions:
- Cut chicken into 2.5cm sized pieces
- Peel and finely chop the onions
- Peel and crush the garlic
- If using fresh tomatoes, remove the skin and roughly chop
- 50ml hot water
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat, when hot add the contents of sachet 1 and fry for 2 minutes, gently stirring.
- Add the chopped onions and continue to fry, stirring frequently until golden brown.
- Add the contents of sachet 2, the garlic, chicken pieces and salt. Mix well and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and add the contents of sachet 3, the yoghurt, ground almonds (if using), tomatoes and lemon juice, stir well over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the hot water, bring to a boil then turn down heat and cover with lid slightly ajar and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Check it regularly to ensure it is not drying out, if it is, add a little hot water and cover completely with the lid.
- After 30-40 minutes the dish is ready once the chicken is tender and a thick gravy has been formed (adding more hot water if needed). Taste and adjust the seasoning to suit.
Additional ingredients required for this dish:
- 700g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 medium onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 250g fresh or tinned chopped tomatoes
- 250g full fat yoghurt
- 2 heaped tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 tbsp unflavoured cooking oil
(If you are allergic to nuts simply leave out the ground almonds).
Spice kit serves 4.
You can cook this curry the day before serving and refrigerate. Then, reheat until piping hot before serving.
Leftovers can be frozen. To serve, defrost and then reheat until piping hot.
The spices and herbs: black cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, garam masala (ground coriander, cumin, ginger, cassia, black pepper & cloves), chilli powder, ginger powder, bay leaves, whole cloves, black peppercorns, cinnamon stick – are blended to produce a mild spice curry.
“Simply by following my step-by-step instructions you can create authentic, delicious tasting ethnic cuisine. The required spices, herbs and ingredients are especially blended for perfect infusion to give ideal colour, aroma and flavour.”
Don Lear, Bhaji Man
Benefits of Bhaji Man’s Curry Kits
Amaze your family and friends with your fantastic culinary skills
Great tasting results every time, all from your own homemade cooking
Herbs & Spices especially blended for maximum flavour and aroma.
Save money by only purchasing the herbs and spices required for each meal.
Create much healthier curries using olive oil/sunflower oil.
Use fresh free range and organic produce
Bhaji Man products are also Gluten Free and suitable for Coeliacs. They have no added artificial colours, flavours, artificial preservatives or salt and can be suitable for people on restricted diets.
“I am championing local food producers with my products by encouraging the public to shop for the extra ingredients they need at local shops, small independent village and market town butchers, local greengrocers, farm shops and delicatessens which offer high quality meats and vegetables and serve and support local communities. By buying local, we will not only improve the quality of the food we eat, but we can all do our bit to help save our countryside and give our local economy a boost.” says Bhaji Man, so – Let’s Cook At Home!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.